Postsecondary Data Partnership
The Postsecondary Data Partnership (PDP) is a nationwide effort to help colleges and universities gain a fuller picture of student progress and outcomes, meet various reporting requirements, and identify where to focus their resources. The partnership is dedicated to the idea that easier access to better data helps you, the higher education professional, develop actionable insights and make informed decisions to support student success.
One of the biggest barriers to improved data gathering and utilization by colleges and universities is the cumbersome process of collecting key data and metrics, then reporting them for multiple voluntary and mandatory data collections. The PDP empowers the nation’s colleges and universities with better data and access to analytics to help institutions realize better outcomes.
Benefits of the Partnership
The PDP serves as a hub collecting, verifying, and reporting data back to participating institutions so they and other educational organizations can focus on using data to help students succeed. Let the PDP handle reporting for you — submit data to the Clearinghouse and report to multiple entities.
Key performance indicator dashboards include data already collected at the Clearinghouse to help institutions gain better insights into student performance and trends by student population. Dashboard metrics can be exported and shared with colleagues across campus (via PowerPoint and other formats). PDP and Reverse Transfer information can be provided in one submission to the Clearinghouse.
For Institutions and System of Institutions
The partnership offers a centralized data submission process for sharing student cohort and course information across multiple reporting entities.
- Access to eight key performance indicators interactive dashboards, including an Executive Summary report
- Ability to export dashboard metrics to PowerPoint or as an image for presentations, reports, and to share with colleagues
- Access to an analysis-ready file to perform more in-depth analysis of student outcomes across a range of variables using multiple student characteristics. Drill-down and cross tab analysis can be performed to identify specific student populations for targeted interventions.
For Foundations, Associations, and Initiatives
The PDP works with mission-driven organizations, such as foundations, associations, and other nonprofit alliances that focus on innovations to increase student success through advising, developmental interventions, scholarships, and other programs. The PDP provides educational organizations access to affiliated institutions’ key performance indicator dashboards to help monitor the success of current programs and develop future initiatives.
How to Participate
Institutions, systems, and state agencies can submit data to the PDP and receive access to the dashboards and an analysis-ready file.
- Sign a participation contract that includes information on requirements and consent for third parties
- Clearinghouse sets up accounts
- Submit data
Third parties, such as national associations, grant funders and national initiatives, can receive access to the aggregated data dashboards for their reporting purposes.
- Sign a contract
- Clearinghouse sets up accounts
- Access to aggregated dashboard by institution (the institution must give permission to the third party)
Please email PDPService@demo.studentclearinghouse.org, if you are interested in participating.
Get Started with PDP